Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
At www.avanity.net web site, you will find a “where to buy” section where you can search for a retailer that carries our product. You can also contact our Customer Service line toll free at 1-866-522-5578 for assistance.
Please contact our Customer Service line toll free at 1-866-522-5578 for assistance. In order to help you efficiently, please mention the model number you have purchased and the part that you need for replacement. It will be very helpful if you have the PO number from the retailer you purchased from as well.
By choosing Avanity, you choose a high quality vanity that is sturdily built and can be used with reliability you can depend on. Every Avanity vanity is built with furniture grade construction; you can typically expect the following features:
- Solid wood frame or high grade engineer wood
- Corner block structure
- Soft-close doors and drawers
- Durable hardware
- Adjustable leg levelers
Avanity warrants its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship to the original homeowner for a period of ONE year under normal use and service from the date of shipment. This warranty applies to products that are subject to normal residential use and does not apply to defects or damage caused by or resulting from negligence, misuse, abuse or improper maintenance including cleaning and/or cleaning products, agents or chemicals; or when products have been used in institutional, commercial or other non-residential use.
Avanity bath furniture is made from natural products whose visual appeal is attained by surface absorption of stain, varying grains, knots and other characteristics which are inherent in natural products and veneers which are not within the control of Avanity nor considered defects under this warranty. Color changes and surface cracks due to direct sunlight, extreme temperature fluctuations, humidity conditions and cleaning agents are not covered by this warranty.
- Dust the vanity frequently with a clean, soft, dry, lint-free cloth, as well as polish it on a regular basis.
- Clean the surface by rubbing in the direction of the grain. Use furniture cleaners or polishes recommended by your local hardware store, following manufacturer's application and cleaning instructions. Avoid using silicone cleaners and waxes.
- Clean up excess water and spills immediately. Use a blotting rather than a wiping action. Water left over for a long period of time will cause white spots in the finish.
- Marble/Granite is porous and easily stained. Wipe off anything spill ed on it immediately. It should be washed or cleaned regularly with fresh warm water and a non-abrasive clean cloth. Also, using a nonabrasive, neutral (pH balanced) cleaner will help remove dirt and grime, but it is recommended to first try warm water only.
- Marble / Granite top has been sealed at the manufacturing facility. The sealer acts as a stain inhibitor and prevents most stains and soil from being absorbed into the porous surface, but it is NOT a guarantee against staining. All spills should be cleaned immediately. Avoid contact with all oils and petroleum-based products.
- Also, avoid contact with all acid or caustic products such as vinegar, citrus or fruit juices, soda, chlorine, and nail polish remover. If the marble/granite is well sea led, the warm water and non-abrasive cloth should keep it clean.
- Every year the marble/granite should be sealed with a good quality marble/granite sealer. Marble/Granite sealers are available at most retail home supply stores. Follow the instructions on the sealer container for proper application and frequency of use.
- Placing protective pads on the bottom of any heavy objects will help prevent scratching of the marble / granite surface. Periodically rotate accessories on marble/granite so that they don't sit in the same spot for an extended period of time.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners. Clean regularly with non-abrasive cleansers and non-scratching sponges.
- Wash sink with warm water, mild detergent and a damp cloth, or soft sponge. Rinse thoroughly using clean warm water.